For Michael, life has been a vivid, sometimes harrowing experience. Because of that, it has driven him on a life long journey to process it into film & theater, to emotionally capture the attention of his fans, and to engage his audiences.
Background: Following studies at the University of Pennsylvania and Wharton, he worked for a ‘Hedge Fund’, but needing to express his interest in writing and the arts, he eventually quit to pursue an acting career.
He eventually took a “real job” alongside his acting pursuits, in the brutal mercenary world of non-carnivorous cannibalism that is executive search, more commonly known as ‘headhunting’. That engagement allowed flexibility to pursue his acting freely and to develop his perspective as an artist.
He was an extremely effective cannibal and travelled to London to start a European division, the acting ‘on hold’. In those days the business was good, the money was easy, the life decadent and he was a very bad boy, but soon enough came the flirtation with mortality and 13 day coma.
It was then that he decided to return to acting, performing in Edinburgh during the festival and on New York’s Theater Row. Studies in dramatic writing with Robert McKee, Milan Stitt and at the Ensemble Studio Theater were next.
Currently, Michael is a NYC-based writer in residence at the Simon Studio with memberships with the American Renaissance Theater Company (ARTC), the Independent Feature Project (IFP) and the Dramatists Guild.
- ‘The Meaning’, an autobiographical one act play, Winner of a One-Act-Play Festival in New York
- ‘Orbiting Esmeralda’, a play in two acts, was chosen as SEMI-FINALIST in the American Theater Co-Op spring competition and as a FINALIST for the Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting excellence. It has also been adapted for film, FINALIST in Evolution, Mallorca International Film Festival.
- ‘Enterprising’, a FINALIST in The Movie Deal screenplay contest, chosen BEST DRAMATIC SCRIPT at the New York International Independent Film & Video Festival and recipient of HONOROUBLE MENTION at the Van Gogh awards of the Amsterdam Film Festival
- ‘Games’ was included in the IATI Tertulia, Piney Fork Press short play festivals in New York and streaming in the Fifth Avenue Theater of New York Virtual Play Festival (equitylibrarytheater.info).
- Other work includes ‘Cannibals’, originally written for the stage with readings at ARTC and the Simon Studio, also adapted for the screen.
- ‘Bujama Dreams’, a feature film script collaboration with Braeden Mass
- Other works for the theater include the full length play ‘Traitors‘ and short plays: ‘Across‘, ‘Encounters‘, ‘Pumps‘, ‘Disadmission‘. ‘Across’ presented as part of the Strawberry One Act Festival February 2015